Features to be implemented in upcoming versions
Please email any feature requests that are not yet on this list!
will be last os9 version (bug fix releases possible)
- default to no input device?
- default to realtime
- Remove WelcomeMessage and replace with a template orc/sco
- GUI for Util params
- get demo csoundlib code
- bug update of help text when switching
- crash bug on corrupt prefs
midi crash on stuck notes
2 device crash w/ emi 2|6
if then at itime [scogen]
check pvx files
crash when quit os9
dashow demo orc crash
- GUI opt-drag for copy
- Automatic Post-process for rescale, etc..
- update to new ffitch sources
- test OSX memory manager again
- reinstate calling csoundlib for opcodes
- better way to do default directories
- mouse scroll on shift for slider
- fix toggle button for lock
- add tooltips for gui objects (and others?)
- change to new file icon on created files
- need a prefs for speed of opcode update?
- get audio devices saved in prefs
- change prefs to cfprefs [osx]
- window menue [osx only]
- default opening so not in textedit
- Options for OS9 Memory Allocation [specific, all, %, etc]
- OSX Installer? or just a disk image?
- Allow Effects/Examples/Tutorials in User space
- Update/Expand example files
- Update/Expand Effects
- Update/Expand Documentation
- remove csound~ memory manager for OSX
- fix new paths in csound~
- Multi-instance (& multithreaded?) for OSX
- Record to file [needs multi-instance]
- SaveAs AudioUnits
- GUI Function Editor [at least gen 5&7 w/ breakpoints, others? 6, 8, 3, 13, 14, 15]
- More GUI Object Params [message obj text styles, meter obj colors & control, slider finetune, text control, etc]
- New GUI Objects [fielder, check box, editNumber, bitmap, scrollable NumberText, more functions for Button, ?]
- GUI Function Object/Window Restructure [only one func, no scroll (click/drag), better rt animations]
- GUI .csd info would be better for finder previews if saved after score data
- GUI Undo/Redo for: NewObjects, resize, cmd- (both text indent and object fore/back] and arrowKeys
- GUI grouping [maybe as with its own ioview]
- GUI objects adopt background color of the object below rather than ioView's background?
- Redesign soundfile effects to display a GUI and/or AudioUnits, and use CsoundLib for playback instead of quicktime
- soundfile player uses space bar to play/stop and return key to return to beginning
- Move Prefs to document-based [window position, etc]
- Display line numbers
- Popup menu to skip to another instr.
- Save Output Messages to file [check?]
- A button in options that will display commandline opts [run csound w/o files]
- More Coreaudio options and launch AMSetup.
- MIDI mapping to i/o bus [or is easy enough in orc?]
- More Editor Options? comment out selection, etc..
- More syntax hightling colors for macros, instr/opcode, sr/kr/etc
- select button for opcode lookup path?
- "fast forward" in rt render
- volume knob
- progress bar
- display waveform for soundfile docs
- graphic sound file editing/mixing
- graphic fft data display/editing
- graphic orchestra display/editing
- graphic score display/editing
- allow perl/etc preprocessing scripts