I decided to voice the melody using the vibes opcode. Here's where I met my first major problem ... and made a major discovery.
First the problem. No matter how I try to voice the vibes -- filtering, enveloping, and so on -- I get a lot of transient noise in the initial strike. I don't mean natural vibe 'clank', I mean the sound of a digital waveform leaping point-to-point. Some call it the 'zipper' noise. It's also an annoying crackle, like someone at the theatre carelessly wadding up a cellophane candy wrapper.
But then, the discovery. I found out about being able to include necessary files within the unified Csound file, as Base64 attachments!
That's one of the coolest features I've seen. No more files that stop working when they are moved from their home directory, copied, or sent to someone else.
So, here it is, version 3 of 'Mini-LaVie'. I've also corrected a number of minor boo boos, for instance, having the reverb based entirely on the left channel :-)